Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ashley + Isaac Engagement Photos


Ashley + Isaac Engagement Photos
I will never forget when I met Ashley for the first time. She made contact with me via my website & I followed up with her, asking if she would want to stop by the studio to meet. She stopped in for our meeting & I could tell that she was seeing if I could meet her wedding photography expectations. This is always a bit intimidating for me as I have no idea how I will measure up to a bride's expectations which can be enormous. It was funny when she said, "I knew I loved your photography, the real reason I wanted to meet with you is to see if I liked you. Well, I like you. You're hired." Whew!!

Fast forward.

I met Ashley & Isaac Friday night for their engagement shoot. Isaac's family lives on a ridge that has a wonderful view. I whispered to God, "You keep hooking me up with client's who have incredible places for photography! You make me look better than I really am." Anyways, we had a great time together & I tried to make them feel at ease (which was no problem because when they are around each other, they are so comfortable). After about an hour at Isaac's farm, we headed to Midway Drive-in in Athens. (By the way... Isaac & his dad have a smokin' '69 Mustang... you will see it in a few pics). The drive-in thing, I didn't think through very well; it is quite difficult to shoot at a drive-in due to minimal lighting. But, we did manage a few good shots before being politely reprimanded for using flash photography. Which, by the way, when my flash fired, it lit up the whole place. I thought to myself, "I am such a photographic rebel. Rock n' Roll!" Well... enough of the rambling, here are some of my initial favorites from our shoot. I would love to hear your comments!





















1 comment:

a.nation said...

I love, love, love the boots, the drive-in and the faded barn! Great job Ben Finch!