Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Contact: Shane & Shane Concert w/special guest Phillip Larue

Hopefully I won't get reprimanded by Shane & Shane's or Phillip Larue's management team for posting these pics... but I couldn't help but post some pics I shot at a recent Shane & Shane w/Phillip Larue concert hosted by Contact Helpline, under the direction of executive director Scott Packett. Contact hosted the concert to raise awareness of their ministry. Contact's mission statement reads, "Offering hope by means of active listening to a community in need of being heard." Scott hired The Visible Group to do the designing & printing of the concert posters as well as some t-shirts for their volunteers... which looked killer by the way; see for yourself! I took my camera to the concert to capture images from the night so that I could share with Contact. Actually... I'm also waiting for the call from Third Coast Artist Agency to hire me to be the official concert photographer... ring, ring!

Phillip Larue opened the concert with some seriously good music from his album, "Let the Road Pave Itself." He has a soulfoul/sincere/humble presence in his music that is absolutely refreshing. Check out his music here.

Shane & Shane further blew us away with their steady ability to sound exactly like they do in their recordings. I have seen them in concert several times & can't help but smile like a kid at the circus through the whole show; they are phenomenal. I rarely go a week without listening to their music. Check out their music here.

Without further verbage... here they are:

My favorite pic from the night ^

Phillip Larue in action ^



Scott Packett informing the audience about Contact's ministry ^

Shane Barnard ^


Shane Everett ^

No comments: