Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sneak Peek!!! Jake & Loren's Wedding | Part 1 of 2

If you think you have the best job in the world, I may have to disagree (I might even fight you over it... well maybe not, but I am known to deliver one swift kick!!). Back to the point. Although it has been only a matter of months since I decided to jump right in & pursue my two businesses full time, I am overwhelmed with joy. I am not even kidding, I love what I do. I told my wife, "If we can eat & pay the bills by this, I am ecstatic!"

This past weekend I was able to photograph the wedding of Jake & Loren Simmons. I always get butterflies in my stomach just before a wedding (or any shoot for that matter) & I ask Joy, "Do you think I am a good photographer? Or, do people just hire me because they are confused!" She gives me the look, "Are you kidding me?" I think she believes I am just searching for words of affirmation. Maybe I am at times, but often, I am as serious as can be.

As I finished Phase 1 of editing Jake & Loren's pics, I couldn't help but wear a big cheesy grin. Whether anyone else loves these pics or not, I do. I feel like they represent my style... my perspective... my creativity. And that, is very fulfilling.

But, before I post some of my favorites, I want you to know what I believe was the most important aspect of this wedding, their marriage. Specifically, how it gives glory to God. Although I make a portion of my living from wedding photography, I don't believe that a ceremony is what is most important. I think we are often mistaken about marriage & fail to realize that it is intended to be a portrait of God's love for His church... His bride. As much as I love to photograph a beautiful bride... I still believe the day isn't about her... rather, it is about Jesus. Jake & Loren love Jesus. Their church loves Jesus. And this, is what made this wedding so special & it is what will make their marriage unique.

If you would like to view all the pics from Jake & Loren's wedding, pre-register at: http://www.pictage.com/686459. By pre-registering, you will get a $5 gift credit towards a print & receive an email when the pics are ready for viewing.

Enjoy!!!





2 comments:

Ashley Hodgson said...

Great pictures! I look forward to seeing all of them. Thanks again for letting me tag along!

The Burgess family! said...

Ok I think you know me well enough to know I wouldn't make a comment if I didn't think you were REALLY REALLY good at this. To the point I've even thought about loading up my family and setting a time with you and driving to where ever you are to have pictures made. I know your heart and I know its in this 100% and Ben you can so tell it in these pics they are great! Give Joy love for me! Love you guys Evangelia aka EVIE